Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Interview with Lick-Wilmerding's The Hyphen

Last week, I had the pleasure of talking with KK and Zoe of The Hyphen, our school's online newspaper, about my Etsy shop and blog. They asked excellent questions (good job, ladies!) and I really enjoyed talking with them.

Here's the interview: http://sites.lwhs.org/hyphen/2014/02/crafts-with-taft-lick-student-turned-blogger-and-business-owner/

This was the first time anyone has ever asked me questions such as these about my business and I really enjoyed the experience. KK and Zoe were genuine, curious, and have great senses of humor :)

After talking about them about the history of my Etsy shop (how it got started, what I've learned from it, etc), I'm inspired to revamp my Etsy About page and rewrite my story. It's been three years since I wrote the original and the only edits since then have been changing my grade and the name of my school. I've got a week off school coming up, so be on the look out for a fresh, new About page.

On a completely unrelated note, I will be taking a cue from The Hyphen (who posts a new article every Tuesday) and updating more regularly. Starting with this post, I will be updating the blog every Wednesday (because I know how much you all miss me when I'm gone for so long).

Thanks to KK and Zoe! You two are doing such amazing work with the Hyphen (I'm in love with their new section, Humans of Lick-Wilmerding: http://sites.lwhs.org/hyphen/category/humans-of-lick-wilmerding-holw/).

Street Art found at Ames @ 22nd Street, San Francisco

-Taft WK

No comments:

Post a Comment