Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Saturday, December 6, 2014

New York Fashion Week (...wait for it...)

OhmigodohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigodOHMIGODOHMIGODOHMIGODOHMIGOD. GUYS. I'M GOING TO NEW YORK FASHION WEEK. MY LITTLE SEAMSTRESS HEART ALMOST STOPPED BEATING WHEN I FOUND OUT. DYING. LIKE, DYING AND NO WORDS AND SO EXCITED AND WHAT TO SAY AND FASHION WEEK AND NEW YORK AND HOLY SHEET. 

Whew. Really just had to get that out of the way in the beginning. You'll thank me later.

But in all seriousness, I really am going to New York! My dad gave me a plane ticket to NYC, as Fashion Week happily coincides with our President's Week Break (more commonly known as Ski Week). He, being the jokester that he is, laser printed the message, so I had to wait ONE AND A HALF HOURS to find out what the tickets were for. I have never felt so much anxiety!


ASDFGJKLGKDSLSL. I just lose all capacity for speech every time I think about it. 

However, this is where you guys come in. I have a plane ticket (and maybe a buddy to come with me), but I don't have a place to stay and (through research) I have found out that you need to be invited to the shows or pay an $80 fee just to apply to maybe get invited (I'm a broke teenager and that ain't happenin'). 

So I need your help. Does anyone have contacts in the fashion industry who could get me into a show? Youth hostel recommendations? Excellent museums to visit? The best taco truck in Brooklyn? Your favorite street murals? The most banging thrift store in the tri state area?

Let me know. You can leave a note in the comments or email me at makingtembo@gmail.com. 

I'm counting down the days, my loves! 
-Taft 


No comments:

Post a Comment