Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Tuesday, January 7, 2014

And A Very Crafty Holidays to You!

Happy Holidays, internet!

Hands down, my favorite part of the season is gifts. Not receiving them, but seeing my friends faces when I surprise them with something really special. Not so favorite part is the wrapping of said gifts. Still working on honing that skill. (My strategy this year has been throwing something in a bag and shoving tissue paper around it. Effective, and the added bonus of a minimal use of tape.)

Here's a quick run down of the gifts I made this year:

Stuffed Owl for A:




I got free (designer!) fabric samples from an organization called FabMo at Bizarre Bazaar a couple weeks ago. I made this scrappy little owl for my friend who is OBSESSED with owls, to say the least.

(Photo was taken pre-stuffing, so try to imagine it all puffy and cute, m'kay?)

A Cat for A Cat:



Made this for my friend whose nickname is Cat (see what I did there?). She carried it around for the entire day after I gave it to her. (Sorry about the quality, she took it after I gave it to her.) It's made from the leftovers of the quilt I made for my grandparents (note: SOFTEST FABRIC IN THE UNIVERSE) and is ridiculously fuzzy. Unfortunately, the fabric lets off little fuzz balls that like to stick to your clothes...

Marker Jar for my brother:





I know this is very off topic for this blog, but it's one of my favorite gifts this year. I turned this jar on a lathe in the wood shop at my school and then glued a divider in the middle, so Sheldon can sort out his markers (he can be very particular like that).

Mug and Cozy for Mom:







This one has a really sweet back story behind it. My mom has always said how one day she wants to have a complete set of Heath Ceramics mugs for us to drink tea out of. We went to their SF tile factory once (to meet Natalie Chanin, remember?) and we were completely in awe of how beautiful their dishes were. When I went back a few weeks ago, I found this mug in the exact color of the curtains in our kitchen. It's for the start of our collection, so one day we can have a full set of these exquisite mugs.

The little sweater is made from some really soft purple knit my mom gave me a while ago and hand stitched with white button craft thread.

Have a Wonderful Winter, everyone!
-Taft WK

No comments:

Post a Comment