Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A Collage of Hands

Hey everyone! I'm taking a quick break from the Christmas present posts to show you something I finished more recently (and by that, I mean a month ago). 

I created several new pieces for my college applications in the last couple months, and this is one of my favorites! I posted a lot of process photos on Instagram while I worked:


A photo posted by Taft Weber-Kilpack (@taftisseamstress) on


A photo posted by Taft Weber-Kilpack (@taftisseamstress) on



For the project, I started by photographing people as they worked on various creative projects and then used the photos to draw their hands. After I had all the sketches, I used aaaallllll the art supplies I could get my hands on to recreate the sketches in different ways. I used glue, ink, paper, wood, needle and thread, marker, watercolor pencil, tape, charcoal, different paints, tracing paper, pen and even fire!


So here it is! I decided to hang it up in my bedroom cause I like it so much. 

Next week, the Christmas posts will start up again. See you then!
-Taft





No comments:

Post a Comment