Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Black Dress with Epic Pink Collar: Part 1

I picked up this lovely number at a clothing swap in January. I tried it on and it was a little too tight for my taste, but come on. There's just no leaving behind a garment with a collar that awesome behind.


I'm pretty much a sucker for ruffles and buttons.

I chopped off the bottom half (check back for Part 2 when I remake the bottom half!) to turn this baby into a shirt. 

I found this fantastic strategy for hemming knits that I absolutely love: http://www.sweetnsassygirls.com/2011/07/an-easy-way-to-hem-knits.html. Shout out to this blog, this strategy is ingenious and super easy to do. I gave it another shot on this shirt (last attempt was a bit uneven...)


I folded and serged the hem, then topstitched it.



And ta-da! I really love this one, and the long sleeves will be perfect for the summer (San Francisco weather...if you don't live here, don't even ask). 

Stay tuned for Part 2! I have plans for the leftover bottom piece...
-Taft






No comments:

Post a Comment