Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Friday, May 2, 2014

Secret Scorer Banner

Hi y'all's!

Sorry this post is a few days late. I've been doing community service with my classmates and have been too exhausted at the end of the day to write a new post. 

So, my lacrosse team has a tradition called Secret Scorer, where we pick a name out of a basket at the beginning of the season and give the person a gift every home game. You have to keep your identity a secret (by leaving the gift on their locker or having a friend give it to them) until the last game of the season when you do The Big Reveal. 

And that moment has come, my friends. Lacrosse season is over (thorn: I won't be hanging out with my team any more, bright side: more crafting time!) and my Big Reveal (Taft-Style-And-On-A-Budget) has been cobbled together in a matter of 8 minutes and wrapped before the glue dried (it was also On-A-Schedule). 


Ta-da!

I used black and yellow (our school colors) (gold, actually, not yellow) (but seriously, have you ever seen gold felt?) (is it grammatically correct to put multiple parenthetical statements in a row?) (idk, headed to google right now to find the answers to those questions...)



And my teammate loved it! She gave me a big hug after she opened it :)

I'm absolutely going to make a banner like this again. It's super easy, can be personalized and doesn't take a lot of time! (Perfect for On-A-Budget/On-A-Schedule, which is how I spend most of my life)

Excuse any formatting errors, readers. I'm typing this on my phone while on the bus to our last game. 
-Taft WK




No comments:

Post a Comment