Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Gather Banner for J

This summer I was lucky enough to spend more time with one of my favorite people in the world: the wonderful and lovely J (check out her work here). I got to meet some of her amazing friends and hang out with her, which involved crafting and doughnuts and a trip to the fabric store and movies about dogs. I mean, what more could a girl want? 

She has the most beautiful home, with a dining room area that has a big wooden table that we all gather and craft around. I wanted to make her something for her new-ish home, something that would express how much we all love to go to J's house. 


I made her this banner to hang in her dining room. What I love about it is that all the materials are from other projects: jean aprons, quilts, t-shirts and headbands. Each part of it has its own story. 


All of the ribbon is hand-stitched to the jean triangle. 



I left a little tab at the top of each triangle so I could fold it over to sew onto the ribbon.


I can't wait to give it to J! Hope she loves it :)

-Taft W-K

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and I DO love it. In fact, it's hanging in my dining room so that when folks sit at that table, it's easy to see. I love learning about the process of how you made it. Oh, my crafting buddy and favorite fabric store scout, you are the bomb-diggety. And I love you. Come gather anytime.

    ReplyDelete