Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New York Fashion Week Update

To be honest, I'm still so excited every time I talk about NYFW that I start wiggle dancing. I'm so freaking pumped!

Here's what I've done so far:
  • Found a place to stay (Thank you, M!)
  • Discovered that there are Fashion Week internship/volunteer opportunities available (Thank you, J, J and J!) 
  • Emailed around about fashion week connections and opportunities (Sorry about bugging y'alls, but thank you! And an even bigger thank you to those who have responded!)
  • Have some money saved (So I won't starve)
  • Found a couple colleges I want to look at in NYC (yaaaay? still not sure how I feel about this whole college process thing)
  • Found a couple of sights I want to see
  • Received a matching hat and fleece-lined cowl for Christmas that I will be wearing everyday so as not to freeze! (Shout out to mom)
Here's what's left:
  • So far, no connection to get into an actual show. It's very much an insider event. I'm dreaming of that seat inside a show. Please, universe?
  • More research about where events are happening, so I can walk around, people-watch and check out the street fashion
  • More research about museums to visit
  • And maaaaayybee more college research. But I don't really like thinking about it. 
And here's what's on my NYC agenda:
  • Food. 
  • Mood Fabrics
  • A tour of Parsons The New School for Design and NYU
  • A visit to the Met (I'm actually forseeing this happening more than once)
  • Visiting various friends in the city
And what I would love love love to hear from you about:
  • Your favorite places for food
  • The best thrift stores
  • Your favorite museums 
Of course, what I really really really want to do in New York is see a fashion show (it's Fashion Week, after all), but I have been unable to find a connection to get into one. I've reached the point where I will now be bugging famous people online (nope, nothing is beneath me now), so if anyone knows famous people or has suggestions, I'd love to hear them :) 

And of course, thank you to everyone who has talked with me about NYFW, given me suggestions and hooked me up with connections. I cannot even express the great gratitude I have for all the support I've received :)

-Taft WK

P.S. My countdown app tells me there are 38 days, 1 hour, 19 minutes and 26 seconds until my plane leaves for NYC. 


1 comment:

  1. You will one day be a fashion designer/activist/presidentoftheunitedstates. <3

    ReplyDelete