Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Blue and White Striped Dress

You all have seen this pattern plenty of times before. 


This fabric was picked up during at Fabric Outlet, but I don't think it was during a 40% off sale, which may come as a shock. I hope you were sitting down when you read that. 


I made this dress all in one night, and left the hems unfinished because I wanted to wear it the next day. I originally intended to finish the hems later, but I like the unfinished look for this casual dress.


Also, the dress shrunk in the wash and I don't want to risk hemming it. It might be just a little to short after that. 


The neckline also stretched in wash (I forgot to wash the fabric before cutting!! Auugghh!!), so it flips out sometimes, but I don't mind so much. Casual dress, and super comfy. I'm not too concerned about those little details. 


It's nice and loose too, making it a great piece to wear when San Francisco has hot days. (hahaha, that was a joke, what is weather?)



And the back neckline is finished with this nice pop of color!

An update about updating (that was lame, I know): I'm going to cut back to a post every other Wednesday until I have more of my college applications out of the way. Next up, you get to see my final Halloween costume!

See you in 2 weeks!
-Taft WK 

No comments:

Post a Comment