Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Christmas 2015: Dog Silhouette Pillows

Back to Christmas presents! There will be posts about this for another month, at least. 

I found this wonderful tutorial on how to make a pillow with a silhouette of a dog, and decided to use the idea for a Christmas present for my dad. 

I started by printing pictures of Kara and Bundaberg in profile, gridding them, and scaling them up to a larger size. I only needed to draw the profile, and a couple extra details so they didn't look like random blobs. 


I pinned the scaled-up drawing to this awesome fabric I found in the remnants section at Fabric Outlet. It was labeled as a linen, has a twill weave and has some sort of waxy-layer on the top. Easy to sew and very durable fabric. (You might have seen it in the post last week!)

Anyway, I used gray button craft thread and sewed through the paper and fabric. When I finished, the paper was easy to tear off...except in all the little tiny parts of the cursive lettering. That was less than fun. 


The embroidered pieces were sewn to a two-piece back, so that the inside pillow could be removed. There's lots of dog hair at dad's house, so the pillows needed to be washable!



So here they are! There was some great lighting by the window, so I'm just going to put all the picture here for you:







Happy almost-February!
-Taft WK







No comments:

Post a Comment