Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Christmas 2015: Personalized Pouches, Part 2

You can see the first round of pouches I made here

These projects were my absolute favorites this holiday season. They weren't complicated to construct, but still allowed me to think about who would receive it and what I could use to best represent them. Most of the time, this meant using their favorite color, but I also tried to think about font and patterns. 





(Sorry, still trying to figure out how to rotate pictures on Blogger, nearly 3 years later...)











For textiles that weren't light enough to use my disappearing ink pen on, I wrote what I wanted to embroider on tracing paper. The tracing paper was pinned to the fabric and I sewed right through it. Afterwards, you just have to tear away the paper and ta-da! Embroidery without any marks left behind. 





I used scraps and leftovers I had in my stash for most of these, but I also picked up a grab bag of trim from Fabric Outlet. That's where the awesome green velvet ribbon you see in the last one is from. 

Fabric in these pouches can also be seen on my blue and gray quilt (final post to come soon!), the quilt I made my grandparents, this year's Halloween costume, and this bow tie (even though I promised to never sew velvet again). 

And finally, my Christmas present to the people who actually read this blog:
I'm going to continue updating weekly, instead of reverting back to every other week! I made a ton of Christmas presents and finished up some projects over Winter Break, so there's enough material to keep this blog going for months. 

Happy Holidays!
Taft WK

P.S. Check out my Instagram (@taftisseamstress) if you want to see some sneak peaks of the quilt I will be posting about next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment