Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Bow Tie for J

As evidenced by the fact that I'm posting summer camp adventures in late October, Halloween costumes on New Years Eve and saving dresses that walked a runway in early June for mid-fall, you really can't be all that shocked that J's October birthday present turned into a Christmas present and then turned into a Martin Luther King Day present. Never heard of an MLK Day present before? Well, that's because you don't procrastinate your gifts nearly as well as I do. 

Anywho, I found this really cool velvet in the remnants section at Fabric Outlet (not actually during a 40% off sale, are you surprised?) and thought it would make a great present for J in the form of....


A bow tie!

I found the pattern here (free and downloadable).


I would also like to note that while the List of Things I Hate is very short (including, but not limited to, Google buses, waking up before 6:30 and bigotry), sewing velvet has had the pleasure of joining that list. It's slippery, fuzzy and sheds. And its impossible to take the stitches out if you mess up. Never sewing velvet ever again. 


Well, hopefully I'll get more on top of my time management issues and keep y'all better updated.
-Taft WK 

No comments:

Post a Comment