Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Blue Jersey Circle Skirt

I know I said I was going to post about the rest of Cam's dress this week, but I'm having trouble digging process photos out of the mess that is my Dropbox account. But never fear! I swear I will have it up before school starts! (*crosses fingers behind back*)

Remember this dress I made for my friend to wear to an anime convention? Well, it's actually a group of my friends who went, and Pauline also needed some costume help.

She was dressing up as this character from Homestuck (it's a webcomic, I think):


Yeeeaaaaahhh. Lots of creative license taken with this one.

Pauline also found some fan art, which helped a lot:




We decided to make a circle skirt with a wide waist band and elastic out of this really really soft jersey fabric. It was so soft...and drapey...and soft...


And ta-da!

I self patterned the skirt to fit Pauline exactly. Circle skirts are definitely my favorite: cute, easy to pattern, easy to fit and work at just about every length and in every fabric.


Seams were sewn with a zig-zag stitch so it could still stretch and be comfortable. The hem was done with a straight stitch to leave the outside nice and polished.



And I love her costume! She did such a good job of interpreting the character from the comic.


So awesome! Can't wait to see what she does for next year's Fanime! You go Pauline!

-Taft W-K
















No comments:

Post a Comment