Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Beige Striped Skirt

I don't know about everyone else, but my fabric stash is overwhelmingly huge. What I keep in the cupboard hardly fits in there, and it's expanded to my bedroom and a second cupboard. I had the day off (Yay! Summer math classes are over! My inner nerd is crying, but now I have all the time in the world for sewing!) so I went hunting through the cupboard for something to do. After spending an hour trying to fix a project I'd messed up a while ago, I went back to the cupboard and found this fabric (Fabric Outlet, 40% off sale probably). And remembered that I've been meaning to make a half-circle skirt pattern. And realized this fabric would be perfect. And thought, why the heck not?


10 minutes later (why I love circle skirts: they're so fast!) I had a pattern and was cutting it out. I made a waistband out of some leftover fabric and put some elastic in. 



I did have to make some adjustments to the back seam, so the pattern wasn't perfect. I think that next time I make it, I'm not going to cut it on the fold, but instead do it in two pieces with side seams. 

AND, the fabric is slightly see-through! Again! Freaking again! Why does this keep happening to me?!

Anywho, stay in touch readers. I think a black circle skirt is in order after my dog clawed up the last one....

-Taft W-K

P.S. I did end up making a black circle skirt, but I made it too long, cut it and now it's too short. *sigh* Maybe one day I'll get this right...

No comments:

Post a Comment