Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas 2015: Pillow for Alexa

Welcome to Winter Break everyone! Until school starts back up again, I will be updating weekly. 

I'm going to start the beginning of all the Christmas posts this year with one of my favorites (both in terms of the person who it was for and the gift itself).

My friend is an incredible writer. And she loves owls. And her favorite colors are red and blue. And we're all super stressed about finals week. I figured there was a way for all of this to come together. 


I made her a pillow! For late night study sessions and Winter Break naps. 

But what's special about this is the way the front was seamed...


I added a little book and included a Sharpie in the wrapping, so she can write a little story on the pillow! Of course, it's a very small book. So it will be less of a story and more of an extremely eloquent tweet. 


The "A" was appliqued on using a zig-zag stitch on the sewing machine, with a hand-stitched border to make it pop. 

 

The whole cover is removable, with a separate pillow on the inside. 

"But wait!" you say. "What is that most darling animal hidden away in the corner!"


That, my friends, is an owl.

Funny story about this owl, I can't even remember where it's from. All I know is that I've been saving it for at least 2 years (maybe 3?) to give it to Alexa. Every time I went through the scrap bucket to make something and saw the owl, I thought, "Nope. Can't use that yet. It's reserved."


See you guys next week with more DIY-ed Christmas presents!

-Taft

No comments:

Post a Comment