Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Gray Shirt with Red Hearts - Mothers Day Present!

And yes, I hang my head in shame. A post about the Mother's Day present I made is going up mid-July. But better late than never!

For this piece, I used the tunic pattern I've already made several times for mom. I changed the neckline to a scoop-neck and lengthened the sleeves so they reached the wrists. 


The fabric is a cotton-lycra blend knit I picked up at (wait for it, you won't see this coming) a Fabric Outlet 40% off sale! Shocker!


This was the little touch that made it special. I made little heart patches for the elbow. 




Some polka dot ribbon for the facing on the back collar. 


And whoa, what's that?! Is that, dare we say it, a hem finished with a double needle? Say what?! Cause that seems a little advanced. The double needle saga will be continued next week....

Cliffhanger!!
-Taft WK 


No comments:

Post a Comment