Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Altered T-Shirts: Mr Sunday Skirt

I spent nine days in NYC earlier this summer and went to this AWESOME little concert in Brooklyn. The DJ was Mr Sunday and had the coolest t-shirts ever...



 Totally in love with that graphic

I got this alteration design from one of my favorite books and couldn't wait to try it out! I used the Mr Sunday shirt for the first layer and this Pizza My Heart t-shirt for the second.


I then cut the moon out of the shirt and appliqued it onto the side. I also cut "Sunday" onto the bottom of the top layer in little slits.


I added a white band (left over from the Pizza My Heart shirt) to the top and used a strip from the Mr Sunday shirt to tie the top.






And there's my dress form friend again! Still looking for a name, suggestions anyone?

-Taft WK


No comments:

Post a Comment