Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Internship: Week 2: Hey Girl. Keep Track of Your Work.

Hey Girl. You need to be keeping track of your work.

And that means making a new copy of your pattern every time you make a change.

Yep, you read that right. Every time.

That's a lot of paper, huh? (Which is why I'm writing this before going to the store to purchase more...)

This week I learned the importance of keeping track of your work, and that means keeping track of your changes. When you move a line, change the length, anything, you need to make a new copy of the pattern so you can trace your steps.

Trace your steps! I've had to do it so many times! And I've only now learned how to make it easy for myself! (By making new copies of my patterns, if you haven't already caught that.)

I've also started writing down in my notebook the changes that I make in the order that I make them, so I'm sure I'll be able to trace my steps in the future.

Seems like a foolproof plan, right?

Let's hope. Here's to an organized future. Cheers, y'alls.



-Taft WK

No comments:

Post a Comment