Where To Find Me:

Etsy: makingtembo.etsy.com
Instagram: @taftisseamstress
Tumblr: taftisseamstress.tumblr.com


Special Questions? Custom Orders (hint hint wink wink)? : makingtembo@gmail.com



Monday, August 26, 2013

Internship: Week 3: Facing (The Noun, Not The Verb, Silly)

I learned another important sewing/designer lesson this week: That thing called facing.

It's what you put around collars and use to double-layer areas where there will be buttons. Pretty nifty, right?

Well, it took me a couple tries to figure out what exactly this whole "facing" deal was, but when I did, Hallelujah! This one is coming in handy in the future.

Here's a couple pictures of the facing on the inside of my dress:




And the pattern I used:



I was so happy with the end product! My dress is starting to feel more and more like something sold in a store!

Keep checking the blog! More from the Seamstress Chronicles will be up soon.
-Taft WK

No comments:

Post a Comment